Below you can find answers to our most commonly asked questions about personal leasing. Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Give us a ring.
Covid-19 FAQs: New Customers
If in doubt, contact us. We’re here to help.
We're delivering now! After a successful trial, we are now successfully delivering cars to our customers. We're prioritising customers that have already placed their order, plus it takes a little more to make sure the delivery is safe so if you order a car that's in stock today, it will arrive with you in early July.
If you're thinking of ordering something that isn't in stock, it takes 12 weeks on average to come into stock once production starts but that is really only a guide. If you need a more accurate date then just get in touch.
Simply put, we follow government guidelines. You can find a lot more information about what's involved here.
If you have any concerns or questions, please just get in touch.
Covid-19 FAQs: Existing Customers
If you are a key worker then contact us and we’ll try and find a local option for you. It may mean deferring your service until there’s more availability in your area.
All cars are exempt from MOT testing until at least the 30th of September as the Department for Transport have granted a 6 month extension. It’s still your responsibility to keep your car roadworthy.
- Make sure everyone is safe
- Call the police and an ambulance if anyone is injured
- Swap contact details with anyone that was involved, including anyone that may have seen it happen
- If it’s safe to, take pictures of the cars involved (even if there’s no damage) and the road layout
- Don’t admit liability
If you break down, call the AA. Their regular patrol service is running – 0800 028 0205.
If you’ve been personally impacted and you’re struggling financially because of Covid-19, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to find a solution to help get you through these incredibly difficult times, in some circumstances that could be a payment holiday of up to 3 months.
If we do agree to change your payment structure in relation to the impact of Covid-19 you can rest assured that this won't affect your credit history.
You can get free, impartial advice from the Money Advice Service too.
Ordering and paying for my car
If a car's missing a feature you're after you should be able to add it. You might have to wait a little longer for delivery, as we'll get the manufacturer to make your car to your spec. But you'll get exactly what you want. Winner.
As soon as you order your car, we'll be able to give you a delivery date for stock deals or an approximate delivery date for anything bespoke.
Or you can give Tom and the team a bell and they'll help you pick your car and order it online. They can call you back if it's easier.
They'll give you loads more info about any cars you've got your eye on (once you get them started, it might be difficult to get them to stop). They'll also tell you how much the car costs, and they'll let you know how long it should take to deliver it.
- Car insurance (and you have to prove you've insured your car before we hand over the keys)
- Maintenance and servicing if you didn't choose this option when you ordered
If you're leasing something, you don't own it (you give it back when the lease is up). That often makes it cheaper than buying the same thing outright. So, leasing a new car is usually cheaper than buying one. If you're not sure if a lease is for you, you might find this information about personal leasing by Parkers useful. The Parkers team are car nuts like us. They also know a thing or two about the different ways you can lease and buy cars.
The VIP treatment. You can come to us to help sort your car's maintenance throughout your lease.
1.All the servicing that the car needs during the lease, we'll find a garage and even book it in at a convenient time for you.
2. MOT tests (if your lease is long enough that you need one)
3. Replacement tyres (if you get a puncture or due to general wear and tear)
4. Exhaust and battery repairs (fixes or replacement through due to air wear and tear)
'Fair wear and tear' damage is caused through normal use of the car. You can get the full low down on all things maintenance related here.
If you don't go for our maintenance package, then you'll need to take care of the car's maintenance yourself.
- breakdown assistance and recovery from the AA
- a manufacturer’s warranty on any parts that need repairing or replacing
- road tax (officially called a 'Road Fund Licence')
- maintenance and servicing if you have choose this option when you order
As long a you live in mainland UK, we'll deliver your car to your home, for free. So, make sure you give us the right address when you order. We can't deliver anywhere other than your home address as we need to be completely sure we're giving the keys to the right person.
- PCH (Personal Contract Hire) is a lease. We ask you to pay a fixed amount each month, but you never own your car. We like PCH because you usually pay less each month, compared with PCP. And if you want to upgrade to a newer model when the lease is up, you don't have the hassle of selling your current car first. So, you've got even more time to spec your next new car, just the way you want it.
- PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) is a type of hire purchase. Your monthly payments are based on how much the car should be worth at the end of the contract, so it's cheaper than paying for a car on monthly installments. When the contract's up, you have the choice to give the car back or buy it. The final amount you pay for the car will vary a lot from deal to deal.