Need to complain?

Let us explain

We want everything we do to be the best it can be. But if something goes wrong, we'll sort it out quickly and fairly.

The whole team know the process we follow to fix mistakes (we're always training them). And we keep a close eye on complaints to spot problems and stop them happening again.

We hope our service will always be up to scratch. But if it isn't, tell us. We'll make sure we do better next time.

If you need to complain, here are a few things you need to know.

Our regulator's the FCA

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates the financial services sector, which mean they regulate us as we provide personal contract hire leases. If you're unhappy with your lease, you can tell us over the phone or in writing. For the FCA to see it as an official complaint.

The FCA look at lease problems, we look at more than that

It's always best to write to the person or department you've been dealing with (email) as they'll be able to sort your problem soonest. It helps us to have a written copy of your worry, but if it's easier for you to phone, please do.

You can email us at [email protected].

You can call us on 0113 468 5377

Or you can write to us at:

Customer Services
ZenAuto Limited, Number One,
Great Exhibition Way,
Kirkstall Forge,
Leeds LS5 3BF

To help us fix things speedily, please tell us:

  • your name

  • how you'd like us to get in touch, giving us your phone number or email address

  • everything we need to know about your complaint - including what we did or didn't do and when

  • what you'd like us to do to put things right

What we'll do once you've complained

First, we'll log your complaint on our system to make sure we've got all the details. Then we'll get the team to look into it and agree what to do next.

If we agree with your complaint, we'll let you know what we'll do to fix the problem. 

We won't keep you waiting

Here's what you can expect us to do and when.

Day one: uh oh, something's gone wrong...

You email, write or call us to officially complain.

Within five days...

That's how quickly we'll write to you (if not sooner) to run you through our complaints process.

If we've already fixed the problem or agreed what we'll do next, we'll tell you.

Between five days and four weeks later...

If we haven't solved the problem by the time we send our first letter, we'll keep updating you while we work on it. The more complicated the problem, the more time we will need to make sure we find out exactly what happened. 

Eight weeks later...

If we still haven't solved the problem, we'll let you know what's holding things up and tell you when you can expect an answer.

The Financial Ombudsman Service says that anyone who's waited eight weeks or longer for an answer can complain to them, too. We hope you won't want to do that, but we'll give you all their contact details just in case. That includes a leaflet to guide you through their official complaint process.

What to expect in our "Final Response" letter

We'll give you a summary of:

  • what you were complaining about and why
  • what we did to investigate it
  • what we found - which should answer everything you complained about
  • whether we agree with your complaint
  • what we'll do to fix the problem (if we agree we need to)

And, if we've decided to pay you compensation, we'll give you a clear breakdown of how we worked out the amount. If you're unhappy with our final response, you might be able to complain to the Ombudsman. We'll give you their leaflet and contact details too. 

Who are the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)?

Parliament set up the FOS to sort out complaints between financial businesses and their customers.

As we've said, if we haven't solved your complaint in eight weeks, or if you're unhappy with our "Final Response", you can go to the FOS. They'll be happy to help for up to six months after you've had your "Final Response" from us.

If you've complained, we'll send you the FOS' contact details and give you a leaflet to talk you through their process. You can also find their details here.

And you can write to them here:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
London E14 8SR

The FOS is approved by The European Commission

The European Commission manages an official Online Dispute Resolution platform to help customers and businesses sort out problems without going to court. If you have a complaint and you don't think we've fixed it, you need to choose an approved body, like the FOS to handle it for you. The European Commission has approved the BVRLA, too. You can read more about it here.

Discretionary Commission Complaints

You may have heard that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) are looking into discretionary commission payments made by motor finance firms, following complaints from customers. This investigation only applies to Personal Contract Purchase and Hire Purchase agreements, not Personal Contract Hire (that’s what we offer).

However, we can confirm that we’ve never employed these practices and none of our customers have ever been affected by this issue. Want to chat things through? Our Support Squad are on hand to help, give them a ring on 0113 468 5377 (option 3) or email [email protected].

BVRLA Rights

ZenAuto, as part of Zenith, is a member of the BVRLA. The BVRLA is approved by the government as a Consumer ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) body.

The BVRLA’s ADR service will resolve your complaint free of charge. You can refer your complaint to the BVRLA if you have complained to ZenAuto and we have provided you with a final decision. You need to contact the BVRLA within 12 months of our final response to your complaint (you can check whether you are eligible to raise a complaint before contacting the BVRLA).

You can raise a complaint to the BVRLA by the following methods:

Email: [email protected]

Post: Conciliation Service, BVRLA, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP7 0DD